Sunday, April 19, 2009

springtime fun!

have i really not written in here since almost a month ago? time just flies and i look at this and i realize how long it has been since i updated! oops.

this has been a busy and a fun spring so far! easter was really nice with my family. it was so nice to spend the day together as a family. we all went to church together and had lunch together afterwards. my mom bought my brothers and i some treats for easter, as she always does :) i love that she still does that! later that afternoon, my dad and i drove up to the school that i will be attending for graduate school. i have a meeting with my advisor this coming tuesday so i wanted to know where the buildings and offices will be that i will need to go to. it was such a beautiful day so he and i walked around together and explored the campus. it was such a nice afternoon with him and it made me so much more excited for the fall to come and for classes to start! it is going to be such a different experience to go to a school where i don't know anyone. it didn't even seem like i was going to college when i attended tfc. everything was just so easy. i had my dad as my advisor because i could just bring home forms that i needed him to sign and i already knew at least half of the professors because of my dad working there. i already knew my way around the campus and i parked wherever i wanted because i had a faculty sticker on my car in case my dad drove it to work. haha! so this will definitely be a good experience for me and make me more aware of what going to school should actually be like :) i am very excited.

if you know me, you probably know how much i love to play trivia! my friends and i go at least two thursdays a month to one of the local restaurants to play trivia. we never really do very well but it is just fun to go and play! my brother andrew came down this past thursday and we went with about six of my friends from work....and lo and behold, WE WON! there were about fifteen teams playing and somehow, we managed to beat the team that has beaten us every time for the past year and a half. we cheered so loudly when we won! the final question was this: since the opening of the first waffle house until 2006, put the following menu items in order from the most served over all of those years to the least served. waffles, hashbrowns, pie, eggs. have fun and check back in my next entry for the correct answer. and by the way, this is the question that we got right and that put us in the number one spot! and this is especially good for me, considering i've never eaten at waffle house! i'm not a big fan of greasy food. yuck.

my brother andrew leaves on may 12th for the air force so i have been trying to spend as much time with him as possible before he leaves. he came with us for trivia the other night and then the next night, he and i went to a late showing of the 4th installment of the fast and the furious movies. i LOVE those movies and he and i saw the very first one together so it was fun to watch this one together. i hate that he is leaving for the air force but at least he will be back for good in late october. i'm so proud of him and so thankful he's my brother!

so all in all....life is going well, just busy busy busy! i do like being busy though...although since it is sunday afternoon, i'm going to enjoy it and relax! my mom stayed the night with me last night because she flew in last night from her arbonne conference in las vegas. i made yummy chicken and cheese enchiladas for lunch today and they turned out so good! now off to do laundry and catch up on a few television shows. hope all of you are having a wonderful saturday!

here are a few pictures of me and my family from this spring....they are the best!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You all look great! I love the picture of you, your mom and your grandma...that is too funny! I miss you and I am so excited that in less than a month, we will be chatting together on my couch and sipping warm coffee together. I can't wait to see you!!!

Love you!